Monday, October 8, 2007

new furniture and JDs room updated










YAY! After two long months of waiting our new furniture from Unfinished Furniture Magamart finally arrived. The finish looks great and I can't say enough good things about this company. All the furniture if VERY economically priced and is made from solid wood like oak, pine, and aspen. No MDF or furniture that falls apart at the sight of water here! You can get a great deal on this stuff if you are willing to finish it yourself. Anyhoo, here are several of the pieces... a dresser, bed, and bedside table. I love the distressed finish.

This allowed us to move our old furniture into the new baby room - check it out:



Notice my old dresser there with the changing station on top of it and Stephanie's old bedside table beside the rocker. Everything is coming together! We still have one book / magazine rack thing to hang on the wall and some pictures to put up but that will be IT! The baby room is almost complete...

Also, we went ahead and got the pack and play thanks to the advice of my mother and the fear that JD may arrive earlier than scheduled like myself. I like that this thing is a play pen, a changing station, AND a bassinet all in one! The only problem is that it will not roll or fit through our doorways. Hmmmmmm.


1 comment:

granny e said...

Although they did not exactly HAVE pac n plays when you were born, based on my current babysitting- for-friends-experiences, I think they fold up and you can carry them from room to room! The new furniture in the master bedroom looks great. granny e